Pennsylvania Health Secretary Dr. Rachel Levine issued an order requiring anyone visiting from another state to have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to entering the Commonwealth. The Order goes into effect November 20, 2020.
Section 4 of the order allows for exemptions as follows:
The following individuals are exempt from this testing and quarantine order but shall conduct travel with attention to social distancing and wearing of masks when in contact with other individuals.
- Individuals travelling to and from the Commonwealth for the purposes of work.
- Individuals travelling to and from the Commonwealth for medical reasons, including individuals providing comfort and support to the patient.
- Military personnel travelling to the Commonwealth by order or directive of a state or Federal military authority.
- Individuals in transit through the Commonwealth to another destination, provided that the time spent in the Commonwealth is only the amount of time necessary to complete the transit, make use of travel services, such as a highway rest stop, or make any necessary travel connection.
- Additional exemptions may be issued in guidance documents issued by the Department.
Share this Post