Shared from ZyWave by Matt Pfeiffenberger, Vice President, Health Benefits Solutions
Whether working from home or in the office, employees are experiencing stress due to the pandemic. It’s important to the well-being of employees that their stress is recognized, acknowledged, and guidance is provided. Following are some pointers employers can use to help employees manage stress as well as some coping mechanisms to share with employees.
Guidance tips for employers
While you can’t control the pandemic, you can help ease the stress your employees are feeling. Following are some specific suggestions from HRInsights by ZyWave:
- Be open with employees about management decisions
- Provide as much information as possible
- Highlight employee benefits regarding relieving financial stress
- Encourage use of telemental health services
Click for more information from HRInsights.
Coping tips for employees
According to Live Well, Work Well by ZyWave, nearly 60% of Americans reported daily stress and worry due to the coronavirus pandemic. Don’t let negative feelings impact mental well-being. Here are some useful tips to help keep stress and anxiety under control:
- Stay informed, but don’t obsess
- Focus on what you can control
- Be transparent with your boss
- Connect with friends and family
- Use healthy coping mechanisms
- Talk to a professional
Click for more information from Live Well, Work Well.
More information regarding important employee communications is available from Murray. Contact Matt directly at 717.735.3069 or a member of the Murray Health Benefits team at 717.397.9600.
Share this Post