State and federal laws require that all employers have posters conspicuously placed in the workplace.What posters are you required to post? There are a bunch, although your mileage will vary based on which statutes cover your business and which do not.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (all employers)
- Employee Rights for Workers with Disabilities/Special Minimum Wage (all employers with disabled workers employed under special minimum wage certificates)
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (all employers with 15 or more employees, and all federal contractors and subcontractors with contracts of $10,000 or more)
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement (all federal contractors and subcontractors with contracts of $10,000 or more)
- E-Verify Participation and Right to Work (all employers participating in E-Verify)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (all employers)
- Family and Medical Leave Act: Your Rights Under the FMLA (all employers with 50 or more employees in 20 or more work weeks in the current or preceding calendar year)
- Federal Minimum Wage for Contractors (all employers who contract with the federal government)
- Notification of Employee Rights Under Federal Labor Law (all federal contractors and subcontractors)
- OSHA Job Safety and Health: It’s the Law (all employers)
- OSHA Form 300,300A, and 301 (most employers with 10 or more employees)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act: Your Rights Under USERRA (all employers)
- State Minimum Wage (all employers)
Additionally, states have their own additional posting requirements. Pennsylvania employers, for example, must also post on unemployment, workers’ compensation, minimum wage, child labor laws, workplace violence, and fair employment practice laws.
The good news is that all of these posters are available for free from state and federal agencies. Just make sure they are posted conspicuously – where everyone can easily see them!
Contact Murray Securus HR Solutions at 717.381.2118 or email us at email@example.com, if you need assistance.
Share this Post