History of Murray Securus
Murray was founded by Paul G. Murray, a leading Lancaster County entrepreneur, during the depths of the Great Depression. The company’s first major project was to provide the bond for construction of the Veterans’ Memorial Bridge, the longest concrete arch bridge and the largest public works project of its time.
1945 – 1961
Mr. Murray serves in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, transitioning leadership to his son, P. Walter Murray.
The Agency’s name was changed to Paul G. Murray Insurance Associates.
The Quarryville Branch opens.
Control of the agency passes to Joseph P. Nolt, Chairman and Dennis Dvorchak, CPCU, President. Murray forms a claims and risk control client service department.
Murray adds health benefits division.
Personal Insurance Center is opened in the suburbs of Lancaster.
Murray becomes employee-owned.
Murray acquires a construction specialty agency in the Capital Region.
Murray acquires a surety bonding agency in Herndon, Virginia, specializing in surety support and management services for small and emerging contractors in VA, DC, MD, PA and other Eastern States.
Murray acquires The Securus Group with offices in Lancaster and Berks counties. Wealth Management, Human Resources and Employee Benefits TPA solutions are added to the product mix. At 187 highly-skilled employees, Murray becomes the largest independent agency in the region.
In 2013, Murray Securus is recognized as one of the top 100 insurance brokers in the nation by Business Insurance Review.
In 2017, Murray Securus is recognized by Rough Notes magazine as the insurance agency of the year.
Share this Post